We define ourselves with certain values that create a supportive, collaborative environment.
- Humility – We are members of a global community-all working together to address poverty and injustice.
- Respect – We recognize that everyone comes from different circumstances and we are all mindful of treating each other with respect and dignity.
- Collaboration – WEI is unique to other organizations because we are genuinely interested in receiving feedback on new ideas for our programs.
- Support – We work in a culture that supports our team members’ and clients’ goals while nurturing their talents.
- Freedom – We encourage our team members and clients to work where their talents and passions fit best.
- Optimism – We strive to keep a positive outlook on every aspect of our work, even when there are difficulties.
- Adaptability – As a small nonprofit serving developing communities, we are ready to roll with the punches and adjust accordingly. This means changing plans, adapting communication strategies and being flexible.
- Openness – We strive to be open and maintain a posture of humility while learning from others and their experiences.
- Professionalism –We highly value professionalism within all relationships with our team members, donors, clients, and community members.
- Innovation – We love to explore new ways to achieve our goals.
WE International provides economic, spiritual and educational support to communities in developing countries while respecting the dignity and preserving the integrity of each individual and his or her culture.
For individuals, families and communities to be transformed physically, economically and spiritually.
WE International exists to address poverty and injustice issues in the developing world by giving hope to people who live in difficult, if not desperate, situations through empowering and sustainable programs. We are united in our mission by using a relational approach in how we work together and how we implement transformational development.
WE respect each other. Each person, whether a volunteer, intern, staff, or a former victim of poverty or injustice is a unique individual in unique circumstances who are worthy of respect.
WE don’t give charity. WE empower. WE share the conviction that where you live should not determine whether you live. It’s not about pity or handouts but about giving dignity and seeing the restoration of basic human rights.
WE walk in humility. We view walking in humility as one way to honor those we work with and those we serve. WE strive to maintain this quality as individuals and as a global community.
WE love a good idea. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of the source.
WE take risks. We balance the philosophy of “jump first, fear later” with the understanding that deliberate decisions and strategic planning are essential to creating lasting change. We believe that nothing is impossible if we work hard enough and approach the problem correctly.
WE are committed to excellence and authenticity. We do everything with integrity and we will not cut corners or settle for “good enough” in our programs or business operations.
WE are united as staff. Our staff comes from diverse backgrounds, but we are all fundamentally driven by our determination to make a difference in the world. We trust our model and we trust each other.
WE have fun. Life is short! We are committed to having fun while we seek to help others live a better story.
WE love people. We are committed to loving each other well and those we serve. Love covers; love builds; love transforms!